Monday, April 2, 2018

Today on #WAAD I celebrate my Autistic Son Conor and the Joy He Brings; I do not Celebrate his Autism Disorder

#WAAD, World Autism Awareness Day, is today. I celebrate the joy that my autistic son brings in my life every day but I don't light it up blue and celebrate autism spectrum disorder as so many do on this day. My son Conor's autism, ID and epilepsy are a very common combination on the autism spectrum and they pose serious challenges to his well being every day. Studies show persons with these combined challenges live very shortened lives ... 30 year reduced expectancy. I do not celebrate my son's medical conditions. I do celebrate the joy and happiness he brings to me, his family and so many others who have met and known him.










No comments:

Post a Comment