Friday, June 15, 2018

My Son Conor Is Why I Speak Out For an Adult Autism Residential Care Network

My son Conor is why I fight for an autism network with a centre in Fredericton, the location of NB's autism expertise, that has won international recognition over the last 20 years. I will be speaking tomorrow June 16 at 1 pm at the NBCC Miramichi campus on this topic along with fellow autism parent advocate Lila Barry and NB autism expert Paul McDonnell. The centre would provide permanent residential care, treatment and continuing education and interaction with the community for the most severely challenged. Facilities in other areas of the province would provide similar services depending on the needs of the individuals. These specific pictures show Conor on Fredericton's North Riverfront Trail 3 years ago. Conor's autism, intellectual disability and epilepsy bring many challenges but he brings his Dad great joy every day, every single day.






No comments:

Post a Comment