Monday, July 30, 2018

On September 24 I Will Be Voting for An Adult Autism Residential Care and Treatment Network


On September 24 2018 I will be voting for an Adult Autism Residential Care and Treatment Network as described in a summary of principles stated by Paul McDonnell in the course of an interview with CBC's Dan McHardie in 2010 and reiterated in detail in a submission to then Social Development Minister in 2015. 

I don't know what person or party that will mean.  I hope to find out more on August 18 2018 when we have the adult autism services in NB meeting at THEVILLE Cooperative, 241 Canada St., Fredericton.  It may be that none of the parties will make a commitment to an adult autism residential care and treatment network in New Brunswick  based on the model submitted over the last 10 years for which we have worked very hard but I will try my best to see if any party will make an honest commitment to achieve that goal. And I will never quit, I will never surrender, in the words of the late great Tom Petty I will not back down. I could never look my youngest son Conor in the eyes again if I quit on him. 


My son Conor, above, getting ready for our 2015 protest at the NB legislature and below, with Dad on his 2nd birthday, the day before he received his autism disorder diagnosis. 


No comments:

Post a Comment