Friday, March 13, 2020

My Son With Autism and Cognitive Challenges Benefits GREATLY from Volunteer Work

This FB memory is one of my favorites - Conor washing windows at the Willie O'Ree Place. Conor benefits GREATLY from being able to perform volunteer work that he does there. He benefits physically and emotionally his post 21 aging out of school anxiety levels were nipped in the bud with his Window washing work. The past 2 years I have seen the EVIDENCE of the value he receives. (Unlike non evidence based NBACL and Autism Connections Fredericton who are trying to take such opportunities away from my son and others in similar cases) Conor misses his window washing work when he can't for various reasons get to do it on specific days.



which he does there and he got down to scrub the bottom window in this picture when I arrived. Yes he likes this work as you might be able to tell from his smile.
Would you recommend this place?

No comments:

Post a Comment