Saturday, September 2, 2017

Conor Suffers Another Seizure 6:05 a.m. September 2, 2017



Conor's latest tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure  took place at 6:05 a.m. this morning just after I placed his breakfast in front of him. .  I was expecting a grand mal seizure soon as it had been roughly 3 1/2 months since his last seizure in mid May and they have tended to happen 3 to 4 months apart.  This seizure happened while Conor was sitting on the couch, watching a movie and starting to eat his breakfast.  He started shaking violently and slid down off the couch.  I held him to keep his head from striking the floor and slid some soft blankets under his head.  He lay on his side and some of the food he had started to eat came out of his mouth.  Eventually the violent shaking subsided and he was able to speak and, with some help, move.  We went to the market for 2 of Dan's sausages and everything seems pretty noramal. 

Anyone with a  child with autism, especially if their child is developmentally delayed,  (persons with autism AND intellectual disability are much mo,re likely to suffer from epilepsy/seizures) would be wise to consult their medical advisers.  Epileptic seizures are very common among persons with autism and they can have serious, dangerous, even deadly consequences.  The UK Autistica report, Personal tragedies, public crisis, based on a large high quality Swedish study found that persons with autism tend to die between 16 to 30 years prematurely with the high numbers found among those with autism, intellectual disability and autism.  It is also worthwhile to note that the Autistic report indicates that in cases of people with autism seizures do not appear until their teenage years unlike in the general population when it is likely to show up in the child's first years.  In Conor's case his seizures appeared in his teenage years.

Each grand mal seizure is a reminder of my son's scary future prospects. With autism, intellectual disability and epilepsy he is at serious risk of decades early premature mortality.  For now though he is with us and I am relieved and happy that it happened again while I was just feet away.

Premature Mortality In Autism and Intellectual Disability - Epilepsy



"Between 20% and 40% of autistic people also have epilepsy and this rate increases steadily with age – in contrast to a one percent prevalence rate in the general  population.1 0 In the typical population, the risk of epilepsy is greatest in a child’s first year, decreasing in risk through childhood, then remaining stable and not increasing again until old age. 11,12,13 In the majority of autistic people who develop epilepsy, their seizures do not appear until their teenage years, much later than average.5,14 This suggests that the underlying triggers of epilepsy may be different in autism. Autistic adults who also have a learning disability have been found to be almost 40 times more likely to die from a neurological disorder relative to the general population –with the leading cause being epilepsy.3"

------


Ground-breaking new research now confirms the true scale of the mortality crisis in autism: autistic people die on average 16 years earlier than the general population. For those with autism and learning disabilities, the outlook is even more appalling, with this group dying more than 30 years before their time.

1 comment:

  1. I was born epileptic, but I am now free and cured with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine. I was seventeen and sitting at my computer when I fell out of my chair. Only thing I remember is waking up with the worse headache I had ever had in my life. I had never taken medication and I hated swallowing pills but I had to start. I switched between all kinds of medication because I didn't take them like I was supposed to. One day I had just finished running errands and was at my sisters house when I fell to the floor again. I woke up with a bad headache and my 2 year old Niece leaning over my leg asking me if I was OK. By then I had just started college and was one the verge of losing my license. My school is an hour away from where I live so I really got set back because I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my seizures under control. I would love to know how others have handles their epilepsy! So My sister friends Emma Told my sister about a herbal Doctor who reside in west Africa(Nigeria) Because Emma is from Africa as well, My sister told me about it then we decided to give a try. My sister contacted him also tell him about my autism too.he assures my sister that his herbal medicine will cure my epilepsy and my autism, I paid for the herbal medicine then he delivered to Charleston Post office I was called to pick it up which i quickly did, I drank it for two weeks as prescribed happily I went for diagnose and find out my Epilepsy and Autism is gone and today making it 9 Months and I'm now free from Autism, Seizure and Epilepsy, I will continue to share Dr Itua Natural Herbal Medicine works. I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone who suffering from,,,AUTISM, EPILEPSY, SEIZURE, COLD SORE, HERPES, HIV/AIDS.Shingles,Genitals Herpes,Dr Itua Contact Information..... Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.... WhatsApp Number....+2348149277967. Live Happily Again With Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.

    ReplyDelete